Thursday, July 14, 2011

Emma's 8th birthday party

Emma turned 8 on June 27th.  We decided this year to not actually have a "party", and instead to just take her to Chuck E Cheese.  So, on her actual birthday, we just had a small cake with dinner and let her open a present or two. I made her cake myself, and I think it turned out great considering.


I guess the only thing that really mattered is that she liked it, and she did.

On Saturday, July 2nd, we headed to Tallahassee with my Mom and Dad to meet my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, and her two kids at Chuck E. Cheese.  We figured the kids would have a blast playing the games and being together. The kids and the adults played lots of games and won lots of tickets. After all the playing was done, we let Emma open her presents.  She got lots of cool things! We didn't take many pictures, but here are a few that we did get.




Yes, that is an iPhone that you see, but, before anyone freaks out and thinks that I have lost my mind giving an 8yr. old a phone, let me explain. I just recently upgraded my iPhone from the original one, which you see Emma holding, to a new iPhone 4.  Emma loves to play on our phones, so when I got my new one, I decided to just hold on to my old one, and reinstall it so that she could use it as an iPod touch.  This basically means that she can only use it when she is connected to Wi-Fi and that there is no phone service.  We were able to find her an app that she can use to text us and other family members that doesn't cost anything.  By having these features only available when she is connected to either our home Wi-Fi or my parents, we are really able to keep an eye on her, while at the same time, allowing her to have fun.  So far it's working out great, and there haven't been any major issues.  

This was our group!  Me, Ike, Emma and Madeline aren't in the picture, we forgot to get a shot of us I guess.  It was really nice to be able to get the kids together to play.  After all the fun, we had Olive Garden for dinner!  Yummy!  

Thanks so much Lightfoots for taking the time and money to drive all that way to meet us!  Emma had a great day!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment