Monday, January 4, 2010

Project 365

Last year about this time, I saw a post on a blog that I read regularly, The Mom Creative by Jessica Turner. It was about Project Life by Becky Higgins. The idea is to take a picture a day for a year, and do a small journal entry for each one. Becky has a paper/binder kit that makes this super easy, and from what I have read on her blog, a digital one is in the works, and should be released soon. I'm sure the idea came from the original Project 365 website, but she is a scrapbooker, and decided to make a scrapping project out of it. Although I don't scrapbook, the idea sounded great, but I just never really got on board last year once I found out that the kits were all sold out. Not to mention I was about 2 months away from my due date with Madeline, and just didn't really think I would have the time to keep it up. So, this year, I am going to try to do it! I'm not sure if I will actually buy Becky's kit or not, but I am definitely going to do the pictures and journals. I am hoping to be able to share all of my pictures and journals with you here on the blog, at least on a weekly basis. I think trying to make a post a day is a little too ambitious for me at this point.

So, here are my pictures for this year so far:

January 1, 2010
The tree is undecorated, and ready to go back in the box. It's always sad to see the decorations go down, but it had to be done, and I wanted to get it put back in the attic before Ike had to go back to work on the 5th.

January 2, 2010
My friend Lauren, who is 23 weeks pregnant with her miracle baby Michael Solomon, got these candles as a gift, but her pregnancy hormones and sensitive nose, just couldn't take these, so she gave them to me. They smell yummy! Ike and I are so excited for her and Clayton! We can't wait for Madeline's boyfriend to be born in April! :-)


January 3, 2010
Madeline once again feel asleep in her highchair. The holidays have really worn her out. We have been so off of our normal schedule since Ike has been home. Once he goes back to work, we should all be back on our normal schedules, which I am sure will be much better for Madeline.


January 4, 2010
During dinner tonight Madeline had what I will refer to as a "butt explosion" in her diaper. It was super nasty, and the only way to clean it up was for her to get a bath. She has not really had a "bath", since I bathe her in the shower with me in the mornings, so we put her in Emma's tub to see how she liked it. She had a great time splashing in the water, and Ike was able to catch this super cute smile.

My sister is also doing a Project 365, so head on over to her blog Chaos and Creation in the Backyard and check out her pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment