Monday, January 4, 2010

2009, What a year!

I know I am a little late in posting this, but it took me a while to gather the pictures. There are some things that happened, that I didn't have a picture of, but I'll try to work them in with the descriptions.

2009 was a great year for our family, and I can only hope that 2010 is even better!

I hope you enjoy my look back through 2009.

January 2009
This my friends is how I started 2009. Madeline was inside growing like a weed, and I was certainly growing too! Pardon my lack of makeup and my goofy grin.


February 2009
We took Emma to a Big Sister class at the hospital in preparation for Madeline's arrival, and she loved it. They got a chance to change a diaper, learn to swaddle, and practice feeding a baby. Doesn't she look sweet feeding her baby?


March 2009
Our family of 3 became a family of 4 on March 9, 2009. Madeline Jade arrived by emergency c-section at 7:33am weighing 7lbs 9oz and was 20in long. Here is a sweet pic of Emma seeing her for the first time. Emma had been at SGMC all night with my parents in the waiting room, and they woke her up once Madeline was here, so that she could see her. This picture brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

When Madeline was 13 days old, Kelly Williams took this awesome picture of her! It was too great not to include.



April 2009
This is a great picture of my two girls on Easter Sunday. Awww....


May 2009
I don't have a picture from my birthday, but I turned 30 on May 4. Yikes! It really didn't take Emma long to warm up to Madeline and want to play with her. Since Madeline was only 2 months old in this picture, she couldn't play much, but that didn't stop Emma.


June 2009
Emma turns 6! I really can't believe it's been 6 years. Time really flies by so fast. This was another great picture taken by Kelly Williams.


July 2009
We spent the 4th of July in Destin with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins. The most exciting part of the trip, was that Madeline took her first boat ride. I still can't believe I took a 4 month old on a boat. What was I thinking? She was all decked out in her infant life vest, and even took a nap on the ride back to shore.


August 2009
Madeline sat up for this first time in mid-August. When she did, I ran to get my camera so I could capture the moment. She was so proud of herself.


September 2009
On September 4, 2009 Liam Grant Peterson came into the world, just like his cousin, by emergency c-section. Erin and Kurt were thrilled to have him and I was excited to be an aunt again.


October 2009
I'm not sure that anything really spectacular happened this month, but here's a cute picture of Madeline.


November 2009
I have no pictures of Thanksgiving at all. I know, I know...I'm not sure what happened, but I am gonna say that I was so busy being thankful that I just forgot. Instead, here is a picture of Kelly Williams at Madeline's 8 month photo session at Hambricks Tree Farm. She was working hard for her money that day. Madeline didn't want to sit still at all, and kept trying to eat the grass. We also got a family shot for Christmas card while we were there.


December 2009
Instead of boring you with photos of us opening gifts, I will just share our Christmas Card. Kelly did a wonderful job taking the photos and creating this awesome card for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment