Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sink or Swim

Well, this is the week that I take Emma for her swimming lessons again. Last year she screamed and cried the whole time. This year is going a little better, but still not great. Even though I have told her many times that "Mr. Bobby" Tucker will not let her drown, she still acts like that at any second, she is going to vanish underneath the water, never to be heard from again. As I sat and watched her today, I couldn't help but think of my own life, and how at times I felt like I was going to "drown" and vanish underneath the "water". No, I'm not talking about physically, but emotionally and mentally. Just as Emma is learning to swim this week, those times in life that make us feel like we are going to drown, are really just teaching us to swim. In order to really enjoy life, I think we need to swim, instead of just floundering around hoping to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment