Friday, June 13, 2008

I Will Carry You

I am not sure if you are like me or not, in that I really like music. Music speaks to me sometimes when nothing else seems to get through. I can think back to times in my life, and almost always a song comes to mind. Or, sometimes I can hear a song, and it will take me back to a moment in time, and I feel like I am just reliving that moment over again.

There is a song that has recently really been on my mind alot. It's a new song called I Will Carry You. It is by a christian group called Selah. It has not officially been released yet, but will be on their album in the fall. The song was written for a little baby girl named Audrey Caroline Smith, who had not even been born yet. Her parents had received news that she would not live once she was born due to some medical problems. Instead of terminating, they decided to carry the baby to term. That song was put with photos of the family and put up on YouTube. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2CnUtVY35o&eurl=http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/04/slideshow.html

This song has meant a lot to me, and here's why. Ike and I have been trying to have another baby for about a year. On April 18th of this year, we though that our dream of having another child was finally coming true. Our excitement was short lived, when we found out 2 days later that they pregnancy was ectopic, and that I would lose the baby. The whole ordeal drug on until May 28, when my pregnancy hormones were finally gone. So, to say the least the loss of child, no matter how early it is in the pregnancy, is difficult. This really hit me hard, considering that it took us a year, and fertility drugs to even get pregnant in the first place. I am slowly feeling better and we got released to start trying again about a week ago.

Well, that's about all for now. I'm tired and it's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment